Saturday, September 19, 2009

Oh my, how the days slip by! Especially as summer is winding down.

Things in my office have changed a bit. Our roles have all been redefined in some way. In good ways. My boss is great in that regard--he makes a point to put people in positions where they'll be able to truly succeed. And he doesn't want to stand in the way of our own personal progress. All in all, work is getting better again. This is a great time of year... we have the opportunity to get things back in order and learn up on the product!

Moving on... I'm making a real effort not to talk about work outside of work. :o) I'm happier that way.

I've been working away on my Montessori materials. My albums are not seeing a lot of progress--I'd like to get some more trainings under my belt to continue with that. The project has evolved and moved into the materials aspect. I have a lot of wonderful vocabulary cards, 3 part reading cards, nomenclature and classification cards to be finished! I have all of the files saved and I'm, slowly but surely, printing, cutting, mounting and laminating them.

The next phase is sewing the custom pouches for each set. I spent 1 1/2 hrs last night at WalMart picking out fabrics--and purchasing 1/4 yard of each! I know I'll be heading back for more soon enough. The first thing on my list was to figure out how I wanted the cards to fit in the pouches. I found great inspiration here. It's just the right format and style... the children love to have a surprise; opening each different pouch will be a thrill for them as well! Photos to come :o)

I also have completed the first step in completing the front yard! The first layer of mulch is down--definitely need more to fill in but it already looks much better. Next step is to put in the cedar edging. So, go me! Finally the pile of mulch bags is gone and the lawn is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment