Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Home for a moment!

Whew! What a whirlwind! 

Spent last weekend in New York, NY for work and wow, I'm glad to be home. If only for a couple of days! The City got 21 inches of snow while we were there and it was absolutely beautiful! Now remember, it's been about 5 yrs since I moved from my home state of Maine so my blood has thinned and I've missed the cold winters and loads of snow. 
Well, we got our fair share! I have to say that I very much enjoyed the snow despite being cold and wet for two days straight. I didn't own a pair of boots but made the investment on day 2 of raisin-like toes :o) I thought I'd share a few photos of our adventure...

We had a blast trudging through the snow-filled streets--even had a snowball fight in the middle of Times Square!


 We walked 12 blocks to go to this fabulous Thai Restaurant (PongSri) and it was worth every cold, wet moment of it!

I so wish this photo did justice to just how deep the snow had gotten and how wet my legs were! Needless to say, I was wearing a pair of heels with my jeans and was soaked up to my knees...too much fun!

By the way, it's off to Washington DC this weekend for yet another work trip. I hope to catch up on my blog after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment