Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Projects

Well, since I received the packages from the wonderful fabric swap, I've been able to begin work on my next projects. I have some sets of Art Cards for my Montessori materials which need(ed) custom storage. I already have some nice decorative boxes but I wanted to make fabric pouches/envelopes for each set. 



These are really fantastic for several reasons:
1. They keep the sets separate so I can get them out without sifting through to find where one collection ends and another begins.
2. It's a great way to create mystery and intrigue the child. It's like unwrapping a little gift and discovering the special surprise inside. 
3. They're developing fine motor skills in figuring out how to open the clasp and unfold the material. 
4. They're pretty, of course!

Shown above is the Monet set

Radiographs by Steven N. Meyers

So, there you go! I've got several more to complete and I'm psyched about the way they've turned out so far! Anyone else start on their swap projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment